IMT4421 Scientific Methodology
Besides lectures this course will consist of a project and a short essay that must be accepted. Exam examples are to be available in Fronter in about a month from the start of the course. The book Practical Research: Planning and Design will be available in the school store in a little while. 11th version available, but the 10th is ok.
- Lecture 5 Ethics and statistical methods
- Lecture 4 Computer science and engineering
- Lecture 3 Surveys and experimental design
- Lecture 2 Variables and operationalization of them
- Lecture 1 What is research?
Goals of this course:
- Learn to be critical to other scientific reports.
- Be able to understand the reports (how they are structured)
- Learn inportant terminology.
- Mater theses: goal is to consider others work, contribute with something new, build upon human kinds knowledge tree.